Monday, July 25, 2005

Day Four : Bell Labs, Murray Hill

We left for Murray Hill at 8 am. We reached there and listened to a speech by the Lucent CEO and others. We had lunch there, at the Oak Room after which we went touring around the labs.

I got to see the electronics lab (circuits working at 200+ Ghz) , the semiconductor lab (vacuum < 10^-9 torr) and the broadband lan (which was pretty interesting... voice/TV over IP)

Then we met our case scientists. My group was doing the case study on MEMs (micro electonic mechanical syatems). It was pretty interesting and for a moment I was actually wishing I'd taken MME at IITK. But it was only for a moment!! Now its back to comps.

After that we returned back to the hotal at 7 pm. I had dinner, played a bit of table tennis.
Thats it for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home